“Share Tawe Accommodation Development Worker.
- 21 hours a week
- 2 year post, funded by Lloyds Bank Foundation
- Based in Swansea
- Salary £21,000 per annum Pro Rata. Statutory pension contributions
We are looking for someone to co-ordinate and develop our work with destitute asylum seekers. S/he will:
- Coordinate Share Tawe – a successful scheme which links asylum seekers who have been made destitute, with local volunteer households willing to offer accommodation.
- Pilot and evaluate a “shared house” project for asylum seekers and refugees
- Help people move on from destitution
The successful candidate will be:
- A clear and sensitive communicator
- A person of sound judgement and able to prioritise
- Highly organised and with good written English and IT skills.
Ideally they will have experience of working alongside asylum seekers and refugees – or first-hand experience of seeking asylum.
However we are interested in all applicants who have the commitment, skills and attitudes needed for work.
Interview date: 1st March 2017
Closing date for applications. Friday 10th February 9.00am
Candidates must email their completed applications in word format (not in pdf or any other format) to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach this address by Friday Feb 10th 9.00am.
If you have any practical difficulties in filling out this form, please email email@example.com As SBASSG is a small volunteer led organisation we are not able to deal with general enquiries prior to interview.
Download the Application Pack for Accommodation Development Worker and email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday Feb 10th 9:00am.”
Original post by Eleri here: https://swansea.cityofsanctuary.org/2017/01/26/job-opportunity-accommodation-development-worker-with-sbassg