SASS community members and supporters can find updates, useful information and advice on the Swansea Asylum Seekers Support (SASS) Facebook page
Due to concerns over the current Corona-Virus situation SASS’ Friday and Saturday community drop-ins are closed until further notice. It is with great sadness that we have to take this precaution.
In ‘normal’ times SASS provides up to 240 meals every week, a lifeline to many people who also rely on other community groups that are now also closed.
We fear food poverty is a major concern.
SASS is working with other organisations to provide emergency assistance to those most needy and vulnerable.
This is an unprecedented situation and we are all trying to develop a strategy to help as many people as we can.
Please call SASS on 07853 717017 if you or someone you know is desperately in need of help
SASS English Language Classes
Any individuals who would like to join our online (Zoom) classes can contact George 07719 876193
EYST Crisis Project
- IT equipment (max limit £200)
- Phone top-ups (£10 max per person/per month)
- Children – nappies clothing etc. (£30 max)
- Funds for discretionary items – emergency travel etc. (£20 max
All subject to criteria – referral form and info to be provided
Contact Thanuja: 07311 789441
Unity in Diversity Community Drop-ins and Women’s Group
The following support is available;
- English classes at beginner and pre-intermediate level. Mondays to Thursdays.
- Clothes, toys, house things. We will bring things to you.
- Food. We can refer to food banks or bring some food to you especially in the Manselton and Penlan areas.
- Somebody to talk to especially if you are on your own
- Advice or support
- Opportunity to volunteer and support other asylum seekers
Please call David 07531 294145 or Adella 07957 602430
- Phone mentoring of new people seeking asylum in Swansea
- Signposting and or providing information as needed
Monday to Friday 10am-5pm (Call, Texts or Whatsapp messages)
British Red Cross
- Services offered to asylum seekers, refugees and those who are appeal rights exhausted:
- Destitution support, including applications for Discretionary Assistance Fund, signposting to Foodbanks, referrals to Housing Options for people with NRPF
- Cash based assistance to destitute asylum seekers and refugees with no other means of support available, following an assessment
- Remote casework and support
Telephone: 07715163869 (Lara Danielli) or email – LDanielli@redcross.org.uk
African Community Centre
- Food parcel referrals
- Volunteer drivers for food parcels and other essentials.
- REACH:ME one to one counselling for adult asylum seekers, volunteers and BAME people
- REACH – one to one counselling for asylum seeking children and young people.
- Man Talk – group sessions
- Girl Talk – group sessions
Telephone: 01792 470298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Swansea Council Local Area Coordination (Website for info)
Help in various ways including shopping
Telephone: 01792 636707
Refer to/Support our Local Food banks and Community Initiatives
Contact for referrals and/or donation drop-off times. Times provided below are for pick-up times.
Take away hot meals are available every day 7pm-8pm at Swansea Mosque.
Available to EVERYONE (25th April to 23rd May).
Address: 159a St Helens Road, Swansea. SA1 4DQ (Map)
Red Cafe – Mondays 1.00pm – 3.00pm
646 Mumbles Road, Mumbles SA3 4EA
Contact: 07815 534095
City Church – Wednesday 10.00am – 12 noon
Dyfatty Street, Swansea SA1 1QQ
Contact: 07815 534095
Life Point Church – Fridays 11.00am – 1.00pm
Fynone Road, Swansea, SA1 6BT
Cotact 07815 534095
Sketty Park Community Centre
Heather Cres, Sketty SA2 8HS
Contact: 07790 972407
Swansea Muslim Community Service
A group set up by Muslims in Swansea in response to help those who have been hit hard by the crisis in our communities. Providing food packs and essentials items and delivering it to those most in need.
For referrals contact: 07949 033493 | 07882 188573
Volunteer to help us at this difficult time.
Tel: 07853 717017